Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

Flametree Wines

Flametree Chardonnay 2011

Flametree Chardonnay 2011

WINEMAKING NOTES
The clones favoured for the Flametree Estate style was Gin Gin and P58 clone. The P58 flavours differ slightly to the finer more citrus dominant flavours in the Gin Gin fruit. The result is a wine that combines some ripe fruit flavours in the fig and stone fruit spectrum with the elegant, structured dried pear and grapefruit, typical of the Wallcliffe subregion. Both the Gin Gin and P58 were harvested between the 6thof February and the 18th of February. 75% of the fruit was hand harvested whilst the remaining 25% was machine harvested.

Turbid juice, the result of whole fruit pressing, was fermented in one third new French oak, the remainder fermented in older French oak. A portion of the wine was wild fermented, whilst the remainder was inoculated with selected Burgundy yeast. The 2011 Chardonnay spent 10 months in barrel with regular stirring before being bottled in February. MLF was blocked; we believe the wine has plenty of texture and balanced acidity therefore adding further texture wasn’t something we were looking for.
 
TASTING NOTES
The 2011 Chardonnay has a wonderful combination of fruit flavours and structure associated with the cooler southern Margaret River Chardonnays. Dried pear, grapefruit, melon and fig are supported by subtle French oak. The palate is textured and savoury, a result of wild ferment, solids and lees stirring.

AWARDS / REVIEWS

  • 95 Points - Ray Jordan, West Weekend 2012
  • 94 Points - James Halliday, Wine Companion 2012
  • 93 Points - Tyson Stelzer, Wine Business Monthly 2013
  • 92 Points - Campbell Mattinson, Wine Taste Weekly 2013
  • 91 Points - Huon Hooke 2012
  • Silver Medal - 2012 Decanter World Wine Awards

BLEND
100% Margaret River Chardonnay

CELLARING
Drink as a young wine or cellar in the short to medium term.

DOWNLOADS

In Stock
Add To Cart
$60.00
/ 750ml
Museum Wine - contact Flametree for details
Members receive 20% off
Wine Specs
Vintage
2011
Varietal
Chardonnay
Alcohol %
13.2
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: